This Summer in Wichita Falls
- Downtown Wichita Falls Farmers Market - (Every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday) Enjoy special events like Watermelon Festival, Peach Day... plus fresh produce!
- After Hours Art Walk - (First Thursday of the Month) Explore downtown by trolley or on foot and experience the vibrant art scene.
- Art and Soul Festival - (June 24th) Where community meets creativity. This outdoor festival promotes local and regional artists. PLUS- New Orleans' Big Sam's Funky Nation headlines.
- YMCA Soap Box Race - (July 1) Have the need for speed? Head to the Downtown Y for some good, family fun!!!!
- Freedom Fest 2017 - (July 4th) Come celebrate a patriotic evening of food, fun and fireworks at "Freedom Fest", hosted by Sheppard Air Force Base! Bring a blanket or lawn chair to enjoy the concerts Fireworks display.
- Ranch Round Up - (August 18 & 19) The Original Ranch Rodeo. Celebrating 35 years of showcasing historic ranches, the hard work of true cowboys and every facet of ranch life.
- Hotter'n Hell - (August 24-27) If you're not a cyclist it's okay... This year will feature interactive art bikes, food, music and more.
- Head out to Sikes Lake for Live at the Lake, happening every other Thursday.
- Summer also brings the Summer Outdoor Concert Series from Wichita Falls Parks and Recreation.
- Listen to the Sounds of Speedway this summer into the Fall at the Forum!
Click here for a full list of concerts in Wichita Falls.
Fishing, Boating, Swimming, Camping, Disc Golf!
Lake Wichita Park
Hiking and biking, dog park, baseball, softball and football fields, an 18 hole disc golf course and more.
Disc golf, hike and bike trails, picnics, swimming!
River Bend Nature Center
Grab the kids and explore the great outdoors! From butterflies to animals, River Bend always has great activities for the whole family.
MAKE A SPLASH
Here's a list of area pools where you don't need a membership to take a dip:
Monday-Saturday: 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Monday Night Swim: Open Until 8 pm
Sunday: 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Hours: Vary by day. Click here.
Cost: General Admission $23.99, Kids $18.99
(Tip: Check their website for special events and prices!)
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday Noon-6 p.m.
Tuesday Noon-8:30 p.m.
Sunday 1-6 p.m.
Contact: (940) 592-2131
Lucy Park Pool
7 Days a Week, Noon-6 p.m. until August 13th
Rentals available from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
$2 - 17 and under
$3 - 18 and up
free for children under 2 with adult admission